Thursday 23 July 2009

She calls me... "My Gurl"....

Agreed that I'm a little beyond the more philosophical kind who is always trying to find, analyse and reason out the meaning of life. I admit it, unlike the rest who think are not the philosophical kinds, but lemme tell you! If you are still breathing, you are a philosopher!

And so here I go again talking about the one of the many few people in my life, who perennially calls me a "looser". Also thinks that my faith in God is a little way too much, so much that she has begun swearing, "Sweet Jesus"! Let me be clear, I don't preach just practise the preaching!

Anyways, moving on... I've known her for more than seven years and even now I keep thinking, "Gosh! this girl is something else". She has and is one of the best gifts life has bestowed upon me,to whom I'd be eternally grateful. Anyone who meets her the first time cannot miss her eyes. She has one of the most loveliest eyes, giving away the impression of innocence and communicate non-verbally a rebuke! A perfect example of," If only eyes could speak!".

Unlike her eyes talking, she doesn't actually do the talking. Probably will never talk what's in and on her mind or heart. Having walked and talked with her, there is something that remains so mysterious about her, which is, what's exactly that she wants in her life? Exceptionally talented so much that I'm totally in awe of her. Sad that people around her don't see it, so much so that even she isn't aware of how talented she is.

She is passionate,impulsive & beautiful-a heady combination and a perfect blend of the 21st century independent working woman. Yet, deep down she still remains that child, that girl who wants to be set free like a bird. Where she could spread her wings and fly away into the blue skies, gently float into the rhythm of the breeze and bask away lazily on the green grasses.

That's what I hear in her silence and words. That's what I feel when she is mad and angry. That's what I see her struggling through to make a mark in this BIG world. Immensely strong and subtle at the same time. The way she held me by the hand, stood by my side that rainy day! Six years passed and still she does the same, holds me firmly by her hand. Her heart is a big as the mighty ocean, yet is always in a turmoil of emotions, eclipsing and engulfing the rough tides of life. "Life is bloody unfair, My Gurl!", she often comments and I have to, but agree.

My Gurl! that's what she calls me. It's funny to hear her call out my name. And I prefer her calling me... "My Gurl" and that's what I want to be. I know life has been harsh on her and she has not really got what she deserved. Nevertheless, deep down in my heart, I know one day she will make it through and come out to be as a glittering green jade... the rarest of all stones in this world! For she is truly one of a kind.

No comments: