Monday 24 August 2009

The 24th Omen turned Allergy...

Its very weird how we develop allergies in life, biologically and humanly.Like I can't relish mushrooms, as the rest of the world. And I don't get it when my friends mention, its amazing!

So now we hear a lot of allergies around. Ranging from dust to sound (pollution). Eggs, yes, my cousins born and brought up in the Arab countries cannot eat them but they definitely hog a complete chicken. Surprising as the source does not seem to trouble them at all.But when you begin to ask them the reason behind these allergies, one would notice it is beyond the present physical factor. If Freud would have been alive I bet he would have proclaimed,"ITS ALL ABOUT THE MIND"!

Now for once I totally believe this. I'm a living walking, talking, writing, thinking social animal. Apart from mushrooms, I hate the 24ths of every month. Its stupid, weird, absurd... I know. The reason being, I realised all the damn truths about life on that day at one go- the 24th. Rather, I was forced to face without choice, the stark truth of life- NOTHING REMAINS CONSTANT AND FOREVER!

All of 20 years at this 21st century,was I exposed to this reality too early or late I'm not sure. But for definite I know, I began hating this date. It was like a reminder calender. Always reminding me what I lost, wouldn't what to lie what I gained as well and how long has it been since I have been living with this.

As though attached to it came a lot more allergies just like extended strings. I hate the rains, the lilies, jasmine, roses...they all give me a headache whenever I'm around them.OR,

"Do I really have headaches"? I'm not sure, but I know I do feel like a headache, which is of the possibility that either I think I have one or I really have one. It is quite difficult to tell the difference. But I do... but do I?

Ironically, I'm writing this on a 24th@0100hrs with no sleep. Today for sure when I wake up...I'm gonna have a headache. Like I said, I land up with headaches on the 24th's. An omen turned allergy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deepa

Are you writing about yourself or trying a hand at writng a mock epic on me. Same pinch darling..except for the rains and 24th we are on the same page.

you could actually get me killed with one of those.